Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Mother's Day Menu

I knew I wanted to make dinner for Jo and my Mom this Mother's Day, so I started out by asking my wife what she would want to eat for the perfect Mother's Day meal.... she did not hold back,

"Umm... how about Oysters, Filet, Lobster & Champagne!"

I think she was sort of joking at first, but it was the perfect opportunity for me to try and cook a great meal for her.... so I went for it.  I checked in with my Mom to see what she'd like to have, with a few additions I had my official Mother's Day Menu:

Appetizers:

Bruschetta (for mom)


Chargrilled Oysters (for wife)

On our last trip to Nola Jo and I went to Drago's to try their oysters (we saw them featured on a food network show)... they were unreal, one of the best things we ever ate.  So I tried to re-create them at home.  They are simply put on the grill and continously doused with a combo of garlic, butter, parsley and parmesan cheese... turned out really good (but not as good as Drago's).   Jo didn't scrape the shells like she did when we were in Nola lol.

Inspired by Drago's in NOLA... 

Main:
Lobster (for wife)
Filet Mignon (for mom and wife)


Sides:
Asparagus (for wife)
Homemade Chips (for mom)
Sauteed onions & mushrooms (for mom)


Roasted Red Pepper and Ancho Chile Salsa (center)

Dessert:
Champagne Cupcakes

Jo insisted that she make something!

The filet was a Bobby Flay recipe, Pepper Crusted Filet with goat cheese and a Roasted Red Pepper and Ancho Chile salsa.  Soooooo good.   Defintiely have to make that again. 
It was a great day with family... the filet was so good that I didn't even get a chance to take a picture of it lol.  Both mothers enjoyed the meal, and my mom even tried an oyster which was the surprise of the day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment